< ht Ben's Blog: A mad weekend Ben

Ben's Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A mad weekend

Ok, so i've just about recovered from the weekend. Alas, no it wasn't excessive alcohol consumption although there was plenty of that... it was more the late nights followed by the early mornings that took it out of me.

Anyway, Friday as always was a great night. It was a pity Mike, Steph and of course Anita couldn't be down but we had a good time regardless. Dave, Tim and me all headed down the pub at about 6pm but because it took us 40 minutes to walk down we weren't the first to arrive... ok so we we're by like 2 minutes at most. Cue 5 hours of drinking and a slightly tipsy ending and you had the reicipe for a great night...oh just don't forget the cheeseburger and carton of apple juice that I devoured. And yes you read that right, I retired at 11pm, however, it was with good reason.

Saturday morning came (not that I particularly wanted it too (the morning, not the events that followed) and I soon found myself out of bed at the unearthly (well for me anyway) time of 6:40am. Cue shower, breakfast, dressed and a rush for the train and I was on my way down to Birmingham's NEC arena to cover Matchbox360's inaugral XL LAN (XL for Xbox Lan and Xtra Large.

I got down there and found myself in a surprising big queue... which I had to wait in... boo, but I'm not one to push and flaunt the fact I was there as a VIP Guest. Anyway, once I got in I scoped out the place and set up my equipment (camera and videocamera). I was soon snapping away and filming the action.

Unfortunately due to an unforeseen event, Luke couldn't make it down (well unfortuneate for me, not so much Luke since he owes me a drink), but I along with several other Matchbox360'ers got on with what we were there to do. Them, run it and me, document it.

You can check out the rest of the pictures on my Flickr account (there is 150+ of them) and i'll post up the video once it's edited and sorted, hopefully by Thursday/Friday at latest: it'd be up earlier but my DV cable is up in Ormskirk with Mike since he needed it to edit the latest episode of Herman Munch).

Unfortunately I had to leave at 6:20pm because a) by that time I was tired and b) i didn't fancy waiting at Crewe with over £1000 worth of video and photographic equipment for over an hour for the next coach (Runcorn station looks like it's being repaired) so off I went, and caught the coach back to Runcorn in time for 9pm and an early night.

Sunday rolled around an as usual, I was dragged into work and unusually shoved on Petrol. It wasn't long before I was back on Checkout though and supervising. 4pm rolled about and I had a driving lesson so I got out of work and then went for a lovely *argh... brain dead after 6 hours of boring supermarket work" (I will stick to the fact that I only still work there to keep a constant income coming in in addition to my freelance etc) drive which went surprisingly well... oh but I found out that Micra's don't like going at 70mph...when they manage to go that fast.

Anyway I got back and then it was off down to Cuddington for a pub meal for my Dad's 49th which was yesterday (27th) before eventually getting back in time for the works do.

I have never seen it so busy before... it was probably something to do with the offer of monetary prizes but meh, it was a good night. Unfortunately my university days are catching up with me and after 9 pints I was still stone sober and slightly gutted. Oh well, there is always next time... Either way... one of the busiest weekends i've had was over and to bed I crawled... well I crawled anyway... a lot of my friends went off for a bar crawl around Warrington till 5am on Monday...me? Too tired... oh well.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home